Boosting Website Traffic
When it comes to increasing website traffic, there are several different approaches to take. With Digital Marketing, each route and avenue helps the other in some way, so diversifying your approach is never a bad idea! In this article, we will discuss 9 ways to increase site traffic to your website, and get a bit more in detail about each.
9 Ways to Boost Site Traffic
These are all actions that you or your SEO team should be taking to help you boost your domain authority, keyword positioning, and organic search traffic!
- Create Valuable Content / Tools
- Social Media
- SEO Optimization
- Join Online Communities
- Track Metrics
- In-Person Networking
- Email Newsletter
1. Create Valuable Content / Tools
In-Depth Knowledge: At the end of the day, what is going to get visitors to visit and stay on your website is demonstrating your in-depth knowledge of your industry. There are about 70 million posts being published each month by WordPress users. 77 million new blog comments are generated by readers each month. 71% of WordPress sites are written in English. Consistent content creation and output go a long way in the SEO game.
However, regardless of the pressure to post consistently and frequently, having evergreen and well-written content is the only way to succeed. You want your content to stand out, and be more valuable than your contemporaries, while maintaining blog standards and SEO optimization.
Term: Content Marketing – Content marketing strategies often include blog posts, podcast episodes, infographics, YouTube videos, downloadable PDFs, etc.
Valuable Tools: Many sites use tools to attract visitors such as page compressors, file converters, or calculator tools. These all help drive traffic to your site. In addition, this can help you gain plenty of repeat site visitors.
2. Social Media
Social Media platforms are massive pools of audiences that you can use to divert potential new visitors so your site. For many businesses and organizations, social media marketing is part of their strategy to gain targeted website traffic.
- Facebook: With 2.38 billion monthly active users, Facebook is still the most important social network for many marketers and small business owners. Its advertising tools are deep, its audience is unmatched, and despite a barrage of negative press, its growth hasn’t stalled.
- Instagram: Instagram has become a cornerstone of many brands’ social presence, driving profitable traffic to landing pages, growing conversions, and building an engaged audience.
- Twitter: Growing your audience on Twitter does so much more than simply making your brand look more popular. It makes it easier for potential customers to trust your company. It establishes your place within your industry. It shows your customers, prospects, and even your competition, that you’re a brand that means business.
- TikTok: TikTok is no longer the new kid on the block. It’s a massive social media network with [over a billion users]. Because of this, influencer marketing on TikTok is only getting more and more popular. If you’re in the market to get noticed and get paid to work with brands you know and love, it’s time to start taking your TikTok presence seriously and building your brand. How? We’ve got you covered.
- YouTube: There’s more than one way to bring your videos to life. YouTube gives you the space to create, using everything from VR to live streaming, so you can let your viewers into your world in new and exciting ways.
- Other Platforms: With an engaged following on one or more of the major social networks, brands can effectively spread the word about campaigns, new initiatives, and new products and services. In addition to the platforms listed above, do your best to reach out on other smaller platforms to build a following. All buzz is good buzz.
- Guest Posting:
- Guest Posting is a great way to acquire site backlinks to your main site. Guest posting involves creating content for a separate site with a high domain-authority (DA), and adding a do-follow link to your site in the post. Although this does involve labor and costs, having a valuable backlink can do wonders for your SEO ranking and site traffic.
- SEO Team:
- Another way to acquire valuable backlinks is by hiring a qualified SEO team to help you get them. When working with an SEO team, backlink authority and quality all depends on the budget you allocate to the team, and how skilled the team is. So if you are working with a quality team that you trust, it best to give them the resources that they need to help you succeed.
- Linkable Content:
- A sure way to make lasting and meaningful backlinks is by creative linkable and valuable content such as data graphics, infographics, or valuable tools.
4. SEO Optmimization
- Keyword Ranking: Always include relevant keywords in your content. Keywords should be used naturally, not stuffed into the content so much that they detract from the main idea or distract the reader. It’s important to use keywords throughout the content, like the meta description, the page title, the URL, headers and a few times throughout the piece.
If you want your site to be indexed at all by google, its load time needs to be relatively fast. Page speed is a direct ranking factor, a fact known even better since Google’s Algorithm Speed Update. However, speed can also affect rankings indirectly, by increasing the bounce rate and reducing dwell time. At Google, users come first.
Just including the keyword in your meta description and meta title isn’t enough. You need to optimize these important pieces of information to improve their appeal on the SERP and encourage more organic clicks.
Meta description: Keep this between 155-165 characters, indicate the value the reader will get out of the post, and make it actionable.Meta title: Make this 60 characters or less value, with the keyword close to the beginning, and indicate some sort of value or benefit.
When it comes to SEO optimization it is essential that the technical SEO is on point. This includes a sitemap, robot.txt files, and any other backend configuration that your site needs to perform well in search engines and gain site traffic.
5. Join Online Communities
Create and/or join forums
Whatever industry you’re in, chances are there are at least one or two major conventions and conferences that are relevant to your business. Attending these events is a good idea – speaking at them is even better. Even a halfway decent speaking engagement is an excellent way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and gain significant exposure for your site.
Facebook Groups are nothing new. In fact, they’ve been around for a decade, making them one of the social network’s oldest features. But after the Facebook algorithm update that de-prioritizes brand content, these groups have become even more important for connecting with a brand’s followers.
Although the common consensus is that LinkedIn groups are becoming antiquated, joining a few never hurts! Building a community through LinkedIn groups will help you stay up to date with the latest going on in your industry, as well as find lucrative networking opportunities.
With platforms like Twitter and Instagram, hashtags are good way to participate in and build a community. Hashtags can specify things from industry, to movement, to upcoming release. Use hashtags in your content to keep your content relevant in the industry.
6. Track Metrics
Google Analytics is a very source of data on just about every conceivable aspect of your site, from your most popular pages to visitor demographics. Keep a close eye on your SEO metrics, and use this information to inform your promotional and content strategies.
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
7. In-Person Networking
In-person networking always helps put your name and brand out there. Nothing is more memorable than a business owner introducing themselves to you and building their network. In-person networking can come in many forms, including”
- Business Cards
- Networking Events
8. Email Newsletter
Email Marketing is a direct digital marketing channel that uses personalized emails to share new products, sales, and update/inform customers. Email marketing is a campaign strategy that builds its success from personalization and automation.
Email is one of the most effective and tenured forms of communication in the information age. Its long standing hold in communication is what makes email marketing one of the most lucrative digital marketing channels. It’s ROI has been reported to be anywhere from $35-45 for every $1 spent. For this reason, email marketing is one of the most sought out and scalable forms of digital marketing.
PPC is a type of digital marketing that brings results if you do it right. PPC or pay-per-click advertising is the use of paid ads on different platforms to position yourself in a search. Unlike organic traffic from SEO, you don’t need to spend a long time building reputation.
Increase Website Traffic Cheat Sheet
Increasing Site Traffic Closing Points
Increasing user traffic to your site involved many moving parts, strategies, and tactics. In this article, we discussed some of the most common and effective digital marketing tactics to gain website traffic.
If you are interested in working with our team to gain site traffic, feel free to reach out today! Thank you for reading!